Ethan Shaw is a naturalist and freelance writer hailing from Wisconsin and based in Oregon. He’s fascinated by natural history of all stripes, with special interests in landscape ecology, historical ecology, biogeography and wilderness. Follow him @CutoffMountain.
- Malinois on a mission: Meet the dogs who fight poachers in Kenya
- For the wolverine, snow means survival
- Viral plague spreads to rare saiga antelope in Mongolia
- The amazing story of the frozen leopard atop Mount Kilimanjaro
- Could the vanished Caspian tiger make a comeback?
- Climate change brings rival cats to the snow leopard's neighbourhood
- Lone survivor's death marks the end of Yellowstone's famous Druid wolves
- When crocodiles go to sea
- Last wild ocelots in Texas get new paths to safety
- India’s owls are still being killed for black magic and ritual sacrifice
view other contributors