David Moscato is a science communicator, writer and educator with a background in palaeontology. Follow him @DMos150 or on his blog, The Meniscus.
- The terrifying bobbit worm has a huge ancient cousin
- New evidence revives debate over possibly extinct woodpecker
- These prehistoric croc eggs became geodes!
- For one of the oldest venomous bites, look to this ancient mammal relative
- Rare snake seen alive for the first time in over six decades
- Critically endangered monkeys caught on camera in the Congo
- Meet Pearl, one of the world’s rare albino alligators
- Prehistoric Romania's top predator had wings – but it stalked dinosaurs on the ground
- The latest amber find is an alien in the insect world
- When the going gets tough, male baboons in Kenya resort to domestic violence
view other contributors