Ashley Braun is a Seattle-based science and environmental writer who works by day at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The rest of the time, she slings puns, gardens in an urban jungle and writes for publications such as Discover and Natural History Magazine. Find her at ashleybraun.com and on Twitter @ashleybraun.
- Meet 4 animals who use chemical deception to camouflage their smell
- Thanks to eavesdropping scientists, we can listen to the secret sounds giraffes make at night
- Scientist goes camping on tiny island, maybe finds new species of tiny lemur
- Virgin births are not a great 'Plan B' for super-endangered sawfish
- When saving endangered Hawaiian songbirds requires mafia-style tactics
- 5 reasons why we're obsessed with venomous sea snails
- Will the African savannah become a thorny nightmare without big carnivores?