Dr Jason G. Goldman is a cognitive scientist, animal behaviour researcher and science writer based in Los Angeles. He's completely obsessed with spectacled bears and has been called a raccoon avenger. Follow him on Twitter: @jgold85.
- This week in really bad ideas: Indonesia's 'croc-guarded' prison
- Is this coyote-wolf hybrid taking over North America?
- Special needs orangutan gets a home makeover at the LA Zoo
- Wolves are back in California after nearly a century (and, yes, they're on Twitter already)
- London's River Thames now home to seals, porpoises and whales
- China zoo takes in rare two-headed cobra (VIDEO)
- "Long-lost" octopus reemerges with some truly strange sex habits
- Biologists have tracked down two adorable new mountain lion kittens in LA (PHOTOS)
- We finally know why this monkey's face is so unbelievably red
- Everything's bigger in Texas, including this centipede
view other contributors